Dr. John B. Avard, Chiropractor                                        

Meet Dr. Avard

Contact Us

Appointment scheduler

Site Map





What Kind Of An Education Does A Chiropractor Have?


Chiropractors attend specialty graduate colleges that focus specifically on Chiropractic education.   Dr. John Avard attended Parker College of Chiropractic in Dallas, TX. 

Today's Chiropractors have a minimum of a two year course of study leading to a B.A. or B.S. degree.  This "pre-Chiropractic" course of study is much like that required of pre-med. students.  Chiropractic students then must complete an additional four years of professional education plus a prescribed internship.  Internships are completed through clinics incorporated into the colleges, as well as in the surrounding communities.

Like their medical counterparts, Chiropractic students take courses in subjects such as:  anatomy, biochemistry, microbiology, pathology, physiology, cell biology, histology, neurology, public health, physical/clinical/laboratory diagnosis, gynecology,  obstetrics, pediatrics, geriatrics, dermatology, otolaryngology, radiology, psychology, nutrition, orthopedics, physical therapy, first aid, biomechanics, spinal analysis and more.

The main difference between Chiropractic education and Medical education is that while the Medical students are working on allopathic studies (surgery and pharmacology), Chiropractic students are working on Chiropractic studies (evaluation and treatment of subluxations, biomechanics and nutrition).