Ronald A. Avard, D.C.
6/18/1932 - 11/21/2001
With love and devotion to my father, Ronald A. Avard, D.C., who
introduced me to the wonderful field of chiropractic, and acted not only as my
father, but as my friend, my mentor and my colleague, I present this brief
history of his career. After ten years practicing at his side I have grown
to share his love for chiropractic and for our patients and their
well-being. His spirit will continue in our thoughts, prayers and
- Owner/Founder/Practitioner of Avard Chiropractic Center, Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Died November 21, 2001
- Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, Iowa, 1958, Doctor of
- New York College of Chiropractic Old Brookville, New York, 1987, Certified
in "Comprehensive Management of Low Back Pain."
- Certified in Contact Reflex Analysis, 1990, Applied Reflexology and
Trophology, Dr. R.A. Versendaal, President.
- Spine Institute of San Diego, 1992, Certification from the Master's Course
for the Diagnosis and Evaluation of Cervical Acceleration/Deceleration
Honors and Awards
- Recognition of Devotion and Contribution to the Chiropractic Profession,
1991. New Hampshire Chiropractic Association.
- Founders Award, 1990. Hew Hampshire Chiropractic Education Council.
- Award of Honor, 1989. New Hampshire Chiropractic Association.
- Health Awareness Award, 1988. American Chiropractic Association.
- Wide Variety of Chiropractic adjusting techniques, including:
Thompson, Toggle Recoil, Keck's and Diversified.
- Experienced practitioner of Contact Reflex Analysis.
- Nutritional counseling, with products from Standard Process™Laboratories
- Customized orthotics through Foot Levelers™.
- 1959 - 11/21/2001 Owner/practitioner Avard Chiropractic Center,
Manchester, New Hampshire.
- 1988 - 11/21/2001 Ongoing training and practice of Contact Reflex
- Fluent in written and spoken French.
- Semi-fluent in written and spoken Spanish.
- Devout Christian, active in Prison Ministry, evangelization and many other
aspects of various faith communities.
- Married 47 years, with six
children and sixteen grandchildren.